Two more shopping days until Christmas, do you know what you are going to get for that beloved leader in your life? If not here are a few suggestions…
- Subscription to Gallup Management Journal, $95. I subscribed to the GMJ about a year ago and I love it. Being a huge Strengths Finder fan many of the articles help give me deeper insights into Gallup’s 34 strengths themes. GMJ includes many articles on employee engagement, developing strengths, building powerful brands, and leading, managing, and sustaining high-performing organizations. This is an online journal and once you join you have access to GMJ archives as well, a wealth of leadership wisdom.
- Markers , $5.75-$11.50. Leaders are readers and good readers love marking up a good book. However finding a good marker is difficult. Many bleed through the pages or fade with time. The Prismacolor Premier Illustration Markers feature archival, acid-free premium pigmented ink to prevent works from deteriorating over time. Lightfast colors maintain their vibrancy (results may vary based on paper characteristics). The permanent, water-resistant ink will not bleed through and is smear resistant when dry. Fine Line Markers are great for detail work. CLICK HERE TO ORDER
- John Maxwell Leadership Bible $23.09. The people, events, and teachings of the Bible are a treasury of wisdom and guidance for anyone who has been called to be a leader, to develop leaders, or to work with leaders–in church, business, commerce, or anyplace else. The Maxwell Leadership Bible shows us what God’s Word has to say to people of all kinds about leaders and leadership. It’s a Bible resource that explains book by book what a godly leader is, what leadership means, what empowering others is about, and how God is glorified when we’re all involved in His leadership plan for us.
- Leadership and the One Minute Manager, $7.40. If I had to recommend one book to a leader, this would be it. In clear, simple terms Leadership and the One Minute Manager® teaches managers the art of Situational Leadership®–a simple system that refutes the conventional management mandate of treating all employees equally. Here, you’ll learn why tailoring management styles to individual employees is so important; why knowing when to delegate, support, or direct is critical; how to identify the leadership style suited to a particular person; and how consistent use of the One Minute techniques will produce better management and enhanced motivation on all levels.
- The Kindle™, $259. The Kindle is Amazon’s electronic reading device, or e-book. It is to books, what an MP3 player is to music, and more. The Kindle™ can store thousands of books, magazines, blogs and newspapers, and an optional SD flash card will allow for a virtually unlimited e-library of your favorite reading materials. Even nicer, the Kindle™ has free, built-in cellular broadband for accessing Amazon’s library 24/7 so that you can purchase a book, newspaper or magazine when and where you want it.
- A Get Away $29 +. Every leader needs to opportunity to get away and get refreshed. I have used Spirit Air on serval occasions and have found great discount airfare to cities such as New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Myrtle Beach, Fort Lauderdale. Sign up for their weekly email and find some great deals.
What would you add to this leaders wish list?