As leaders we spend much of our time focused on others. While this is very fulfilling, it can also be very draining. Sometimes we need to take the opportunity to do simple things that will refuel us mentally, spiritually, emotionally, physically, relationally and socially. Here are a few things you can consider doing this weekend that will make life better. Just don’t try to do ALL of them. Thanks for your readership and I hope you have a great weekend!
- Take a long walk or bike ride with your spouse and enjoy being outside.
- Have a conversation with one of your children and practice looking deeply into their eyes and really listen.
- Write out your schedule for all of next week. (This can actually take some stress off if you’re overwhelmed)
- Go on a non-movie date with your wife and ask each other 5 questions that will be fun and get you talking about things you don’t normally talk about.
- Write out your fitness and nutrition plan for next week.
- Go somewhere you won’t be disturbed and do a 3 hour study and prayer retreat.
- Throw a Superbowl Party with your closest friends.
- Go explore your city and try to discover something new.
- Sleep in late and when you wake up stay in bed and read.
- Go to Starbucks and pay for a strangers coffee.
- Update your personal budget.
- Ask your kids, “What do you want to do today?” and then do it no matter what they say.
What’s one thing you’re going to do this weekend that will make life better?