Pastor Pete Wilson, from Cross Point Church in Nashville TN, shares how to communicate vision so it really sticks. You can check Pete’s blog out at this link. Want to use this video as a mentor module? Watch this video with your team or mentee and follow the instructions below.
EXPLORE – Something to Think about
- Watch this video with your mentee or your team. Read Nehemiah 2:17-18 and discuss the following questions:
- What made Nehemiah so effective at casting his vision?
- Think about Nehemiah’s audience, what challenges might Nehemiah have faced in getting his message across?
- What advice stood out to you the most from Pete’s video?
- What are some vision stories that you need to be telling?
EXPERIENCE – Give it a Try
Find a time this week to cast your vision. It may be from the platform, in a team meeting or over a lunch with an individual. But practice casting vision in a way that sticks.
EVALUATE – Talk it through with a Mentor
Once you had the chance to cast your vision discuss the following questions with your mentor:
- How well did you cast the vision?
- What type of response did you get from those who were listening?
- What action has been taken since you cast the vision?
- What did you do well?
- What could you have done better?