There is no shortage of opportunities for each of us to do good things. And not just good things but significant things that will have eternal impact. While this can be exciting for a leader it can also be debilitating. The leader who naively says “yes” to every opportunity will soon find himself frustrated and ineffective. Choosing to narrow the focus of our lives is a difficult discipline, but essential to maximizing the impact of our giftedness.
If you feel your a little scattered lately here are a few questions that might help you narrow your focus:
- What’s the ONE problem in this world that God wants to use me to do something about?
- What’s the ONE thing I’m doing today that will make an impact in that area of need?
- What’s the ONE gift or strength God has given me to make a difference in that area of need?
- What’s ONE thing I need to stop doing to make me more effective in my mission?
- Who is ONE person that can regularly check on my progress and hold me accountable for staying focused?
Take ONE hour today to process these questions.