Leaders tend to have strong personalities, strong opinions and strong convictions. As a result we’re easily susceptible to a spirit of pride. Solomon warns us in Proverbs 18:12 “Before his downfall a man’s heart is proud, but humility comes before honor.” I don’t know that there is anything more dangerous to our leadership influence than deeply rooted pride.
- Pride encumbers learning
- Pride blocks reconciliation
- Pride blinds wisdom
- Pride destroys authentic relationships
- Pride inhibits vulnerability
- Pride limits team innovation
- Pride injures the confidence of others around you
- Pride breeds an atmosphere of condemnation
- Pride diminishes the contribution of others
- Pride ignores the power of God
- Pride fails to ask for help
- Pride results in an ego driven organization
- Pride comes before the fall
So think about it, is there any sense of pride in your life and leadership that’s limiting God’s work through you?